Denver Truck Accident Lawyers Fight for Compensation
Aggressive legal representation for victims of semi-truck crashes
For many reasons, commercial truck accidents are usually much more complex than passenger car accidents. The destructive force of a semi-truck can destroy more property, inflict more severe injuries and more easily cause wrongful death. Commercial trucks carry high levels of insurance and those companies vigorously defend accident cases to avoid costly payouts. Finally, state and federal regulations govern commercial truck activity, so many cases can turn on the intricacies of the law. If you or a loved one has been injured in a commercial truck accident, you should retain a law firm that is knowledgeable about the trucking industry and has successfully managed numerous truck accident claims. With Lampert & Walsh, LLC, you can trust our detailed knowledge and vast experience. Since 1979, we have dedicated more than 90 percent of our practice to resolving tough motor vehicle and truck accident cases.
Determining responsibility for a Colorado truck accident
According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the number of large trucks involved in fatal accidents declined fairly steadily from 2005 to 2009, before experiencing annual increases in 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2012, more than 3,800 commercial trucks were involved in fatal crashes nationwide. More than 81 percent of fatal commercial truck crashes involve another vehicle, such as a passenger car.
However, the mere involvement of a semi-truck in a traffic accident does not mean the truck, its driver or its company were at fault. Your attorney must investigate the cause of your accident to help you recover compensation. Factors that lead to commercial truck accidents include:
- Driver errors — Commercial truck drivers working on tight schedules are prone to aggressive driving. Many crashes can also be traced to driver fatigue or drug and alcohol abuse.
- Driver’s employer errors — The trucking industry is heavily regulated, but some employers still allow or require drivers to spend more time behind the wheel than the law permits, inviting accidents due to driver fatigue. Failing to maintain equipment can also lead to problems.
- Cargo company errors — The companies that load commercial trucks can overload the vehicles or fail to properly balance the cargo, causing tip-over accidents on tight curves and in high winds.
- Motorist liability — Many passenger vehicle drivers do not know how to share the road safely with semi-trucks. They don’t give the trucks enough room to turn or enough distance to stop safely.
- Faulty roadways — Roads that are not designed or maintained properly to accommodate semi-trucks can produce accidents.
Our attorneys can help you determine cause after an accident involving a commercial truck.
What aggressive, attentive legal counsel can do for you
Personal injury law can be confusing, but retaining the right legal professional can clarify issues and put your mind at ease. We assist truck accident victims in numerous ways:
- Evaluate your case — It takes specific knowledge to ascertain the value of a personal injury case. Unless you speak to a trained professional, you risk settling for much less than you deserve.
- Prevent you from making statements against your interest —Any time you speak directly to a representative of the insurance company, you risk making a statement that they can use to reduce your compensation. When you retain an attorney, you protect your interests.
- Help you obtain medical assistance — We work with a network of medical professionals who can provide the care you need, even if you don’t have insurance. This also ensures that you have accurate medical records to present as evidence in your case.
- File your claim in a timely manner — Generally, motor vehicle accident cases have a statute of limitations of three years. We can advise you if an exception applies in your case.
- Fight for you in court, if necessary — We are trial lawyers; we don’t simply accept settlement offers. We fight for the highest level of compensation possible in negotiations and, if necessary, in court.
At Lampert & Walsh, we make every effort to place you in the best position to obtain the highest level of compensation possible.
Contact an experienced and determined truck accident law firm in Denver
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, Lampert & Walsh, LLC evaluates your claim for free. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we do not charge by the hour or demand a retainer. We don’t recover our legal fees unless we obtain an agreed upon settlement or jury verdict for you. To obtain the justice you deserve, call us today or contact our Denver office online.