Need A Denver Personal Injury Attorney?
Aggressive Colorado Attorneys Protecting Victims for over 35 Years
When you suffer an injury due to someone else’s negligence, the last thing you expect is that you will have to fight for recovery. Unfortunately, insurance companies, or any other responsible party, will usually try to lower your settlement or deflect blame entirely. When you are struggling to heal from an injury or a loved one’s death, standing up for your rights can be difficult. However, with an experienced accident and injury lawyer on your side, you can focus on your health and your family. Your attorney can handle the legal aspects of your claim and advise you of your options so you can be confident that your best interests are protected.
Since our founding, Lampert & Walsh, LLC has focused on personal injury law in Denver, Colorado. We only represent plaintiffs making claims against a negligent party, and we never represent insurance companies. We have the experience to effectively litigate a wide variety of specific personal injury cases. To our firm, personal injury claims are indeed personal. We get to know you through frequent contact as we help you resolve any legal or medical issues. With respect and genuine care, we work hard for you to deliver the justice you deserve. If you need a Denver personal injury attorney after an accident, then contact us today.
What Are Requirements for a Personal Injury Case?
To bring a claim in court for a personal injury, you must be able to satisfy certain requirements. The most important requirement is usually negligence. Generally, if you have suffered from an injury due to someone else’s negligence, then you may have a case. A Denver personal injury attorney from our law firm can help identify the negligence, your injuries to include impairment, assemble evidence, and gather witnesses to help you prove these four points:
- Duty: This means that a defendant had an obligation under law to behave with reasonable care towards you. This duty can arise from a relationship, as between a doctor and patient. Alternatively, a truck driver or general motorist has a duty to operate his or her vehicle safely, to protect others on the road.
- Breach of duty: This means a defendant failed to act carefully, and instead acted negligently, recklessly, or deliberately. This can require proof that the defendant failed to maintain acceptable standards for safety.
- Cause: The defendant’s breach of reasonable care directly caused the plaintiff’s injuries. This can get complicated if there are intervening factors or other potential injury causes.
- Damages: In cases of any claimed injury, your attorney must be able to prove the extent of the harm so that you can obtain full value for your case. Damages can include future losses, medical costs, or other economic debts.
Do I Need a Denver Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury is a very specific area of law and our only focus. We limit our areas of practice so you have certainty that when you retain our services, we protect your rights. An attorney from our firm can thoroughly investigate your case. Our accident and injury lawyers will aggressively support you every step of the way. We have specific experience with numerous different types of claims, and are ready to assist you with:
- Construction Site Injuries: Many parties can be involved in a construction site injury claim. We represent passersby injured by falling debris or equipment and construction workers who have a third-party claim for damages.
- Medical Malpractice: We assert the rights of injured patients against a variety of healthcare providers. Through a team of experts, we identify if any negligence occurred during your medical treatment.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: As much as 90 percent of our cases annually are car, trucking and motorcycle accidents. Our firm has obtained substantial verdicts from car accidents and other vehicle collisions.
- Premises Liability: Landlords have a responsibility to discover and repair hazards on the property to prevent slip and fall accidents. Uneven surfaces, poorly lit areas, snow and ice, and other factors can contribute to an injury.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Catastrophic injuries require a lifetime of care and management. We work to ensure you obtain sufficient compensation for all present and future needs.
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving commercial carriers have numerous complexities. Our experienced attorneys gather evidence such as company records and driver logs. These may reveal regulatory violations that contributed to your trucking accident.
- Wrongful Death: While you cannot bring back a loved one, you can add security to the future of those close to them. We help grieving families get justice by holding wrongdoers accountable for fatal accidents.
Contact a Denver Personal Injury Attorney for a Free Review
Have you been injured due to someone else’s negligence? Do you have questions about your compensation eligibility? Are you feeling overwhelmed? While it can be hard to admit, no one can be an expert physician, lawyer, financier, and adjuster at once. Do not let the stress of your injury interfere with the success of your claim. Let Lampert & Walsh, LLC advocate for your recovery and work to bring you a favorable resolution.
Our clients receive reliable guidance on all legal issues, principled negotiation, and proven trial representation, when necessary. Since our firm works on a contingency fee basis, you pay no legal fees upfront. We only get paid when we succeed for you. The legal process can be complex and confusing, but our attorneys believe in delivering advice with a personal touch. If you want professional and responsive assistance throughout, call us today at 720-487-1080 or contact our office online
What are the Different Types of Personal Injury Cases?
There are many different types of cases that a Denver personal injury attorney can help you with. You want an attorney that will fight for you and get you the compensation you deserve. Below is a small list of injuries that a personal injury attorney will assist you with as well as a brief introduction and description of each one.
Motor Vehicle or Car Accidents
Those accidents involving motor vehicle or car accidents. If you have been in a car accident, do not admit guilt to anyone at the scene. Admitting guilt could cause you to lose out on a personal injury claim and make you liable for any damages or medical expenses. Contact your Denver personal injury attorney before speaking to any insurance companies.
Motorcycle or Bus Accidents
Because motorcycle accidents tend to involve serious injuries that are longer-term and potentially cause wage loss, it is imperative to contact a personal injury attorney right away for any injuries or damages. An attorney will work to get you the compensation you deserve after your motorcycle accident.
This category includes public transportation, school buses, and private bus companies. Injuries from a bus accident can be severe because of the number of people typically involved. Bus accidents are usually caused by mechanical failure, traffic violations, bus driver error, or a struck pedestrian. If you have been involved in a bus accident, contact a personal injury attorney right away.
If you have been involved in an accident as a pedestrian, contact a personal injury attorney right away. They will help you with compensation for damages, lost wages, and compensation from the driver’s insurance company as well as your own medical insurance company.
Construction or Workplace Accidents>
From equipment malfunctions and poorly maintained machines to improper training and failure to follow safety protocols, construction and workplace sites can be dangerous, if not deadly. If you have been involved in any type of construction accident, it is important that you find Denver representation> to help you file a personal injury claim.
Pharmaceutical or Medical Accidents
Pharmaceutical companies and those in the medical profession have a responsibility to their patients to ensure the patients are properly taken care of. This includes warnings about prescription recalls and potential side effects along with the proper testing and trials of new medicines. If you have suffered side effects from a pharmaceutical drug or device, contact an attorney to find out your rights and how to file a claim.
Slip and Falls
Other types of personal injury claims include, but aren’t limited to, dog bites, product liability or defect, defamation, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. In the event you have sustained personal damages or injuries, contact a Denver personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney for a Personal Injury Claim
There are many benefits of hiring a Denver attorney for a personal injury claim. A personal injury attorney will be able to give you advice on what steps to take and when. They will look out for your best interest and fight against the insurance companies for the compensation you deserve. An attorney will do all of the leg work for you so that you can focus on what is important: your recovery. They will seek out medical expenses, pain and suffering, wage loss, and more.
The first assistance an attorney will bring to the table is knowing how much your claim is worth. An insurance company will typically offer you a low figure. With a personal injury attorney, they will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. An attorney is able to analyze your injuries and put value to your pain and suffering. If you try and do it alone, while you can utilize personal injury calculators found on the Internet, there is a chance you could lose out on thousands of dollars by doing so. Hiring an attorney allows you to use their tools and experience to get you a higher settlement amount.
Another benefit is that personal injury attorneys know and understand the legal process. Attorneys know what documents to file, how to properly complete the forms, and when to file them. They will also be familiar with the statute of limitations. Having this knowledge ensures the insurance company or opposing counsel will not beat you on a legal technicality.
A third asset to consider when hiring a Denver attorney is that your attorney will know how to negotiate with the insurance company or opposing counsel. Negotiating with an insurance company is difficult. Insurance companies can be very persuasive. Because insurance companies and opposing counsel will offer a low-ball offer, having an experienced attorney on your side will ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Also, an attorney will be able to take your case to trial. While most personal injury cases are settled out of court, there are still some that make it to court. In the event that your case is one of those that go to trial, you want an attorney by your side.
What Steps Go Into a Personal Injury Claim Lawsuit?
When considering whether or not to file a Denver personal injury claim, many often wonder what are steps a claim will go through. Below we have broken these steps down along with a brief introduction and description of each one. Remember that if you have any questions or concerns regarding this process to please contact a personal injury attorney for more information.
- Get Medical Treatment — Seek medical treatment right away. This is even true if you do not feel any immediate pains or see any physical damages. Signs and symptoms may not show right away and refusing or not seeking medical treatment could delay or disqualify your case.
- Consult with an Experienced Attorney — An attorney will help you to determine who is at fault and from whom to seek compensation. They will also be able to give you legal advice as to your medical compensation as well as your legal option.
- Begin an Investigation into the Claim — Your Denver attorney will begin an investigation into your claim. They should take on the responsibility of retaining police reports, the accident scene, and photographs. They should collect witness testimony, medical records and expenses, your employment and wage history, and more. Your attorney will also be responsible for consulting with experts, depending on the circumstances of the accident and injuries.
- File a Personal Claims Lawsuit — If a settlement cannot be reached between yourself and the opposing party, your attorney may advise you to file a personal injury claim in order to receive compensation for your injuries.
- Negotiation — Once a claim is filed, it will most likely enter the negotiation phase. A current or former judge often oversees this phase. The mediator’s job is to help both parties come to an agreeable settlement.
- Trial — In the event that a negotiation cannot be met, the claim may go to trial. Here, a jury will hear and possibly decide on the outcome of the case. This is why it is important to find a Denver personal injury attorney you trust and know will win your case.
When Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
If you have been injured in an accident that is of no fault of your own, you should file a personal injury claim. Even if you do not feel you are entitled to compensation, you should contact a Denver personal injury attorney right away. This is because medical expenses can pile up quickly and loss of wages can hurt you financially. An experienced attorney will handle all of the technical aspects of your case so you do not have to. You have the right to focus on reaching a full recovery without having to worry about the loss of income or how you will pay for those mounting medical bills.
Sometimes, the signs and symptoms of an accident are not immediately apparent and do not present themselves for some time. This is why, in Colorado, a formal claim should be made within 180 days and a personal injury claim within two to three years from the date of the accident. The exception is a car accident, in which you would have three years from the date of the accident or if circumstances arise that prevent the case from moving forward. The circumstances include a bankrupt defendant, a minor child, or a victim that is not mentally competent.
A Denver personal injury attorney will work with you every step of the way, ensuring your case is handled correctly and timely to get you the compensation you deserve for damages, injuries, and loss of wages. Contact an injury attorney with a proven track record, that is skilled at negotiation, and will fight for what is right.
Rich Casey was my lawyer and was super understanding and responsive. He gave great advice and worked to get me a reasonable settlement. I would refer anyone needed to talk to a Personal Injury lawyer to speak to him and his team! Explain what you are going through and they are able to give you the best tips possible and advice. Thank you tons!